OOP Re: SC - Eternal soup pots

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Jan 29 19:04:14 PST 2000

>I like the idea and would love to try it again. Has anyone else tried
>this "eternal soup pot" idea? How did it work for you? How did you
>make sure it stayed at a safe temperature, particularly at night?

Not out in the wilds of Pennsic, but at home (during weather such as we are
currently suffering) we make soup and keep adding to it, leaving it on the
stove between times.  During the day, it stays on low heat and at night it's
turned off.  Before it is served up, I make sure it is brought to a full
rolling boil and stays boiling for 10 minutes or so. When ingredients are
added, it's also brought up to a boil.

Bonne