SC - question regarding the Icelandic chicken

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon Jan 31 07:52:11 PST 2000

Diana wrote:
> Rolling Thunder encampment from Trimaris did this a couple of years - it is
> a pot of soup that is kept hot and available 24 hours a day.  Anyone who is
> hungry can eat from it - and no one was ever turned away.  It is a great way
> to feed a large encampment that never seems to have the same mealtimes
> programmed into their bodies. :-)
>
> > Ok, I've got to ask. I wasn't at Pennsic and have never heard of this
> > before.
> > What is the Eternal Soup Pot???
> > *Scratching her head*

Well now, here's the question.  This is something I had in mind to do
as soon as I got the idea of having a cooking fire, but the way the fire
safety rules seem to wave, someone would have to be awake at all times
to keep an eye on it.  How does this work?  Do the places that arrange
this just have enough night owls who can stay up and watch the fire?

Vika
who can pull all-nighters but not all-weekers