SC - Cuskynoles?

Magdalena magdlena at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 5 15:24:26 PST 2000

"Michael F. Gunter" wrote:

> Nice suggestions. I'll have to look up Snow again. Solteties
> would be a bit difficult since the vigil is this weekend and I have a
> lot to do.

Snow is basically whipped cream, usually served on an upright rosemary bush to
resemble snow on an evergreen.

_The Ladies Cabinet_  Lord Ruthven 1655

116 - To Make Snow

    Take a quart of thick Cream, and 5 or 6 whites of Egs, a Sawcer full of
sugar finely beaten and as much Rosewater, beat them together and alwaies as it
riseth take it out with a spoone: then take a loafe of bread, cut away the
crust, set it in a platter, and a great Rosemary bush in the middest of it: then
lay your Snow with a spoone upon the Rosemary, and so serve it.

Somewhere I have another earlier recipe that calls for nutmeg as well.  Looks
cool, tastes great.

- -Magdalena