SC - Okay, my life just got interesting...

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jan 20 06:31:06 PST 2000

Kerri Canepa wrote:

> (one dish, a Russian krunik (sp?), was quite something. It had
> three different fillings separated by blini in a large free standing pastry
> coffin. It may not have been period but it sure looked that way).

I'm familiar with krupnik, which is a Polish mushroom-barley soup...by
any chance could you be referring to a coulibiac? This is a layered pie
with rice or buckwheat or bulgur kasha, usually in a creamy sauce,
hardboiled eggs and either salmon or sturgeon, with vesiga, the spinal
marrow of sturgeon or other large, cartilaginous fish, which, when
cooked, slightly resembles pigs' feet simmered until soft. Americans and
other wusses leave out the vesiga ;  ).

Of course, you could be referring to something else, too.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com