SC - 16th Century recipes a few questions. . .

Richard Keith keith.78 at osu.edu
Mon Jan 31 07:08:02 PST 2000

At 08:52 AM 1/31/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Parmesan cheese is definitely period and was very likely available to the
>Welsers as they were one of the major German banking families in the
>international trade.

The following is said as a generalization from my readings,  not a specfic
source.  When looking at German Cooking, remember the Emperiors lived in
the south and in italy.  Also one had the Hanse league in the north moving
goods from central europe, northern lands, british isle etc.   I would have
to say that if it existed in a large city anywhere in the known world, it
could have been traded for throughout Europe and especially the Germanic lands.

Now I will sit back and listen and learn from the experts in these areas
for specifics.

Frederich