SC - advice needed - possibly OOP

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 5 08:33:22 PST 2000

if you want a spice to kick cold and wet, Long Pepper is the cure!  It is good for what ails you.  Seriously, though, it is the hottest of the old world pepper products I have tasted, and has wonderful aromatics that would add zest and bouquet to your chicken and orange.  A wonderful foil to the sweetness of the other spices as well. Maybe Grains of Paradise for the less adventursome.

niccolo difrancesco

sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG wrote:
> Let's try this... I would probably add a couple of crushed cloves and somegalengale.
Before adding anything, I would rub it down real good with some garlic.  The
idea being that lemon and garlic go real well on chicken.  To get the medieval
flair, you need to compensate for the cold and wet of the chicken and the orange
juice.  The cinnamon, cloves and galengale do a right good job of this.  Garlic
is also considered to be a warm spice.

Steffan of the Close
(Thanks Mordonna ;-)