SC - feast planning help celtic/viking

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 7 12:21:06 PST 2000

I need a jump start.  Our canton does one event a year, and that event is
Boat Wars, and Boat Wars theme is the vikings attacking the celtic coast.

The site has:

seating for 70 inside, and picnic tables on the porch can seat another 30 or
so.

one standard 4-burner kitchen stove--but I also have easy access to two
propane fired pig-cookers and there is room and outlets for many crockpots,
2 dozen or so. I've also got a portable oven large enough to hold a 9x13
pan.

one standard kitchen refrigerator, but is close enough to town that coolers
and ice can provide friday night to saturday morning storage.

There is also well that tends to run dry and a hot water heater that falls
behind the task.

I'm told that I should just keep it to simple, 'early period', meat(fighter
food). But I'd like to do something more imaginative than roast meat, bread
and cheese with an obligatory vegetable

Ideas?

Bonne