SC - antir 12th night food postmortem and kudos!

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Sun Jan 9 22:40:58 PST 2000

hey all from Anne-Marie
just back from our 12th night. about 6 hrs to the south, we drove home in
rain and wind and even a spot of snow. Ah, I love An Tir in the winter! :)

the organizers did an OUTSTANDING job. it was th best organized 12th night
I've ever been to, including one I autocrated myself! They even got the
hotel restaurant to do medieval food, with reconstructed recipes provided
by Demetrios. I had the Islamic meal (you had to pick a cuisine, no mixing
and matching), rather than the italian or English. I got a lamb stew with
carrots and garbanzo beans, served on cous cous, with some stewed veggies
in vinegar? and a green cheesy spread for the pita bread. Dessert was a
sugar, almond and rosewater candy. Very good! even my meat and potatoes
baron liked his english food. Go figure!

again, major kudos to the organizers, and it warms the cockles of my little
cuisinier heart to see this kind of nice detail on what would have
otherwise been a very modern event in a hotel.

- --AM, who got to speak for the laurelling of her friend Janelyn. yay!