SC - Coronation feast

k&t Radford ktradford at cyberport.com
Thu Jan 13 16:24:56 PST 2000

I myself remember raising rabbits as I was a young teen.  We raised & ate
some of our own livestock.
The meatiest part of a rabbit is going to be much like a chicken, it will
be the rear legs and the breast (if I remember right).  As far as skinning
& butchering, I recommend that you leave that for someone who has
experience as if it is done wrong sometimes you can ruin the meat.  (that
is if you puncture the bladder & don't realize it)  To buy the meat
pre-dressed & cut can be costly if you go to a supermarket.  It is best to
go to a local rabbit livestock breeder/butcher. And for a small fee they
may even sell you dressed meats.
Hope this helps,		Krysta

> From: Alderton, Philippa <phlip at morganco.net>
> To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
> Subject: Re: SC - Coronation feast
> Date: Thursday, January 13, 2000 9:45 AM
>
> Lucretzia asks:
>
> >Any ideas how many a normal bunny would feed as a mid-course dish?
Phlip?<