SC - Period French Toast Recipies

Lurking Girl tori at panix.com
Thu Jan 20 12:54:20 PST 2000

Bonne of Traquair wrote:

> Someone snagged the copy of Digby from UNC library, which is frustrating
> because I know there is a chicken breast on salad greens recipe in there.
> I've put a call out for it to be returned.

For bizarre reasons, I have my copy here at work:

SALLET OF COLD CAPON ROSTED

It is a good Sallet, to slice a cold Capon thin; mingle with it some
Sibbolds, Lettice, Rocket and Tarragon sliced small.  Season all with
Pepper, Salt, Vinegar and Oyl, and sliced Limon.  A little Origanum
doth well with it.

The glossary says that Sibbolds are Welsh onions, and doesn't give an
entry for Rocket.

HTH, HAND, etc.,

Vika
H minus 3 and counting for the launch of Gingerbrede Mark IV