SC - Okay, my life just got interesting...

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Thu Jan 20 16:47:22 PST 2000

In a message dated 1/19/2000 10:07:52 PM Eastern Standard Time, lcm at efn.org
writes:

<<  I
 prefer to look in the mirror or at my sweetie and say to myself- "That
 looks _just like_ the Tres Riches Heures gown... YESSSS!" or have
 someone who knows what they're doing say "Oh, what a lovely 14th c.
 Bohemian Hoobus-snatcher! Where did you get that?"  >>

Exactly!  The best reward I've ever recieved at an event was when someone
looked at the gown and headrail I was wearing, for which I had mostly worked
out the pattern on my own, and said "Oh, that's 13th century, isn't it!"  I
was thrilled that I'd done it well enough for someone who was obviously
familiar with the era to recognize it.
Don't have any danglies for the arts, but I'm not sure one could make me feel
much better about what I'd done.
The other one was when I carefully provided an "exotic" sauce (garlic
cameline) and a much more "normal" sauce (Piper, sauce, which came out like a
peppery brown gravy) for roast pork - and the feasters ate and proclaimed
woderful the "exotic" one, even some who tend to be food weinies.

Brangwayna Morgan