SC - Period French Toast Recipies

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 21 15:25:14 PST 2000

>Hey, Bonne -- I have a copy of Digby (at home, natch) and I would gladly
>look up the recipe for you and post it tomorrow.
>
>Rose :)

I only wish I'd been around to see this before, but alas, more snow kept me
from work.  But not my husband who usually works at home on the computer,
and didn't see any reason to give it up to me for internet e-mail reading
when he had work to do.  (he's got a job interview at UC-Irvine next month,
we are on the edge of our seats about it!)

Anyway.  My class is tomorrow, and I'm doing a fast (not) personal e-mail
check before leaving work.  So, I'll post this in case you see it and have
time and in case I have time to find out that you did so because I would
like to use it if possible.

I can't give you anymore direction that was originally given.  There is a
recipe in Digby, that involves putting slices of cooked chicken on a bed of
greens that are dressed with vinegar and oil and sugar.  Voila, medieval
chicken salad!  OK, so it's nouveau cuisine to some around here.  But still,
it's something to show people that familiar foods were around a long while
back.  On the same page, however, is some horrible to most modern people
concoction involving lots of animal innards.  So, I'd avoid showing them the
recipe in the book in case they'd notice the other and have their worst
fears confirmed!

I am even almost positive that the recipe is positioned on the upper right
hand page.  If I have that annoying detail right, when I can't remember
anything useful like the name or number of the paragraph, well, it won't be
the first time my brain latched onto the least useful detail.

thanks, have fun looking.

Bonne