SC - krupnik?

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Fri Jan 21 21:31:30 PST 2000

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000 09:31:06 -0500 Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com>
writes:
> Kerri Canepa wrote:
> >
> > (one dish, a Russian krunik (sp?), was quite something. It had
> > three different fillings separated by blini in a large free
> standing pastry coffin. It may not have been period but it sure looked
that >way).

> I'm familiar with krupnik, which is a Polish mushroom-barley
> soup...
> Adamantius

	The krupnik I'm familiar with is a flavored vodka - honey, cinnamon,
cloves, lemon peel, etc. boiled together, with the vodka added last.  (I
encountered this at my very first event, and proceeded to make money for
my books in college by making it and selling it to my roommates...
mem'ries...)
Is 'krupnik' a term for a mixture, then?
	Christianna