SC - 16th Century Recipes

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Sun Jan 23 20:15:46 PST 2000

And it came to pass on 23 Jan 00,, that Aldyth at aol.com wrote:

> Greetings all.  Does anyone have ideas of "late" period sources for
> recipes?  Our Gracious Queen would like 16th century recipes at her A&S.

There are many extant 16th century Spanish recipes.  Some of the
translations I've done are in Stefan's Florilegium.  Some of these are
from a 1599 cookbook, which I think qualifies as late period.  Is Her
Majesty interested in any particular kinds of dishes?  (And just out of
curiosity, which Gracious Queen are you referring to?)

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net