SC - a grid?

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Wed Jan 26 05:53:50 PST 2000

Vika,

Tell me what size you want, and I'll make you one- also, how high you want
it off the ground. Don't send me a check until I have it done- I tend to
procrastinate a bit- I'll let you know when it's done- might try to make it
this week, if I run up and get the steel- but I need to know the size you
want before I get the steel.

As far as steel barrels, I'm not sure what you'd find in your area. I happen
to have an unlimited source of those and food grade plastic barrels near me,
but that doesn't help you much. I'd try asking at your local junk yards- if
they don't have them, they'd likely know who might. Just be careful of what
they were previously use for- you don't need to be making a cooking fire in
one that used to contain hydrogen cyanide, for example ;-) Also, Puck or
Margali are fairly close to you- they might have a clue, or be able to find
you one the Navy is throwing out.

Brandu, I think it was, gave you pretty good advice on seasoning cast iron-
follow it. We seasoned a skillet at Pennsic last year. My memory of my
blister impels me to warn you that when taking it off the heat, make very
sure you have a good hot pad between your hands and the pan ;-) And, as I
said, if you still need help at Pennsic, c'mon down, and we'll help you with
it.

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous