SC - Re: Seven Centuries of English Cooking

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Jan 26 22:01:10 PST 2000

In a message dated 1/26/00 5:31:51 PM Eastern Standard Time, Aldyth at aol.com
writes:

<< Vyaunde de Cyprys in Lent:  (Two Fifteenth Century Cookbooks) >>

Thanks. Have all the ingredients in the freezer. Will post my version on
Sunday PM. It does appear that a few 'liberties' were taken with the recipe.
For example, the seafood should be, IMO, chopped very fine or mashed in a
mortar. Liquefying it is a big stretch and would produce a far different
texture than they were capable of producing at the time that this was
originally written.

I am in agreement with Master Adamantius as to it's probable preparation and
service.

Ras