SC - Pomegranate seeds

Christi Rigby christirigby at pcisys.net
Fri Jan 28 10:07:05 PST 2000

Stefan asked:

Where would you get pomegranate seeds? I've seen other recipes that
call for them. Is the only way by finding fresh pomegranates somewhere?
I did finally find some unsugared, straight pomegranate juice. I'm not
sure where I could find actual pomegranates.

Is there another seed that would make a passable substitute?

Stefan,

There is no substitute.  Pomegranate taste and the hassle of them are very
hard to substitute.  The entire fruit of the pomegranate is in the seeds.
They are little red seeds inside a casing that has to be removed.  You
should be able to find them in the grocery store in the fruit and veggie
aisle.

Christi