SC - freezing mushroom pasties

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Jan 30 08:45:33 PST 2000

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Will the mushroom pastries, pastry, romano cheese, mushrooms freeze
> well? If I cook them now, will they stay ok in the refrigerator if I
> shouldn't freeze them?

You can freeze them (frozen mushroom pastry hors d'ouvre are big
bidness!), but they probably won't be very good if simply allowed to
thaw and then served. What I recommend is that you make them now, freeze
them unbaked (are these turnovers or little tarts?) and then bake them
from a frozen state as shortly before serving as possible. Which might
mean the night before, but if I were doing it I'd get to bed early the
night before and finish cooking in the very early morning. YMMV.

Adamantius

- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com