SC - 16th Century recipes a few questions. . .

Varju at aol.com Varju at aol.com
Sun Jan 30 09:50:51 PST 2000

Thank you everyone who was kind enough to help with our search for sources of
16th century recipes.  Everything worked out so we are doing the event and
will be busy reworking recipes for the next few months.

I have been looking through the translation Das Kochbuch der Sabina Welserin
for recipes and have a couple of questions

1. In recipe number 89, To make a strawberry tart, the recipe says "Next let
it bake a short while, pour Malavosia over it and let it bake a while, then
it is ready. "  What is Malavosia?

2.  In recipe number 186, To make an herb tart, it calles for Parmesan
cheese.  I know that the "cheese" debate has occured on the list before, but
for the life of me I cannot remember if  Parmesian was listed as one of the
period cheeses.  Is Parmesan cheese period?

Many thanks again for all of the help!

Noemi
slightly crazy head cook. . .