SC - 16th Century recipes a few questions. . .

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Jan 30 22:24:54 PST 2000

> 2.  In recipe number 186, To make an herb tart, it calles for Parmesan
> cheese.  I know that the "cheese" debate has occured on the list before, but
> for the life of me I cannot remember if  Parmesian was listed as one of the
> period cheeses.  Is Parmesan cheese period?

Yes.
Check the referances given in this file in the FOOD section of my Florilegium:
cheese-msg       (119K) 12/ 7/99    Medieval cheese. Recipes.

> Noemi
> slightly crazy head cook. . .

Sigh and now I know why. Is it really less than one week to Candlemas???
But I've got so much to do, and I haven't tested that recipe, and this
one isn't working out right and there are only five more evenings to cook
and there's not enough room in the refrigerator and....

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net