SC - The Mortar and Pestle Question

Hupman, Laurie LHupman at kenyon.com
Mon Jan 10 13:36:01 PST 2000

Ras (and anyone else who is interested) -

I went to my local trendy kitchen gadget store last week while I was on
vacation, and checked out their mortar and pestle selection.  I recall at
one point seeing a mortar and pestle set there that had a "large headed"
pestle that filled the bowl of the mortar.  Unfortunately, there wasn't one
in stock this time.  Looks like they were fairly well cleaned out by
Christmas shoppers, and their selection was pretty sparse.  They did have
one rather large, shallow mortar with an egg-shaped stone, but not quite
what I was looking for.

I will definitely keep my eyes open, though, and if I see anything like it
again, I will let everybody know.

Rose :)