SC - antir 12th night postmortem

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Jan 10 14:10:15 PST 2000

Hi y'all from southern AnTir!

I had a bizarre weekend all around, due to a number to comedy-of-errors
scenarios-  the addition of a pile of teenaged girls into the mix only
added to the chaos...

Seumas' houppelande was finished and turned out awfully spiffy if I say
so myself. My gown sort of blew up in my face and I had to fight right
up to the scheduled opening of court to rescue it. And I was grumpy
because a miscommunication resulted in my not being able to get intot he
house when I headed back to pack my bag (and meds) so I was grumpy. :-(
BUT...

I heard that the food was wonderful (didn't get in myself, but word
travels). One of my proto-students however reported that the staff was
overwhelmed and service was lousy when she and her husband and two other
household memebers where there. But you know, there really is no way to
_really_ prepare a hotel staff for and SCA event... worth noting- the
toilet in our room decided to 'run' all night, so Saturday morning
Seumas called the desk and a guy came up to futz with it for us. He
remarked that we (SCA) were really cool and that he was amazed that
there were so many of us there and we were well behaved and hadn't
broken anything (!). Well! sez 'Lainie...

My dear darling student Vesta took second place in the Intermediate
division of the Costume Contest with her VERY BC Minoan gown, complete
with curly wig and sandals. No, she didn't open the bodice and wear it
that way, much to the dismay of many- she claimed that she only saw the
'goddesses' wearing the gown open, and she's not claiming goddess status
(yet). I talked with one of the judges and she said they were blown away
by her research and documentation, which thrills me to death, because
that is the main focus of what I'm working with her on. Hooray Vesta!

Well, I have a workroom full of velvet fluff, I haven't unpacked yet,
and I am thinking about going back to bed and catching up on the sleep
I've missed in the past couple of weeks. And I promised Rowan a copy of
the service and courtesy documents I've been working on...

'Lainie