SC - Help!!!!

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Tue Jan 11 14:29:43 PST 2000

> Lucretzia,
	How are you going to get the food there?  Are you planning on gettting a
ride from London, or taking the train?  Have you considered going a day
or two early and buying then cooking everything there?  Are there any SCA
folks near there?  (Are Umberto and Rhianwen close to the site?)
	I would say start with your logistics, and then start planning the menu.

	This is my time period, and I don't know of any cooking sources from
that era.  French is probably closer to the point, as Eleanor starting
having the Courts of Love when she was Queen of France, and her daughter
(also the Queen of France, I think) had them there as well.  Perhaps you
could find some poetry of the period (I will look in my old Creative
Anachronists, I'm pretty sure there are some on Troubadors, which might
be later, but would be close) and then basing or at least introudcing
each dish with a bit of verse.  I know there are folks on the list who
have done Aphrodesiac feasts, some of that info might be helpful as well.

	What a neat idea for a feast, albeit a headache to plan!  I will look
for info for you , keep us posted as to your progress.
	Christianna