SC - Coronation feast--Rabbits for Feasts

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Jan 14 16:52:57 PST 2000

Aelfwyn at aol.com wrote:

> would stretch as part of a 3-4 course feast. And the pointer about age is a
> great one. I'll be sure to ask the lady for that info to help me plan on the
> choice of recipe.

FWIW, I vaguely recall there being some interesting material on how to
tell the age of a rabbit (or was that hares only?) in Le Menagier de Paris...

> This will be the Northern Lights (East Kingdom A&S) feast again.

Just to clarify something that may actually need no clarification.
Northern Lights is currently the big A&S event in the East, has been for
several years, but it is usually a Royal Progress, rather than a
Kingdom-sponsored, event. I really ought to be there as MoAS, but at
this point I can't even plan on an event a week ahead, let alone months.
I only mention this because the East runs their A&S a little differently
from most other kingdoms. We stick to our ancient, outmoded and possibly
backward traditions quite tenaciously, but we'll pit our Maunches
against your Kingdom A&S Champion any day... ;  ).

 It is my 3rd
> year as Kitchen Steward for this one. I do mostly period recipes to good
> response. This year it looks like we will be scheduling it on April 1, so I
> am diving into the Florilegium in search of interesting illusion foods. Any
> thoughts and/or advice welcome from all.

Hmmm. The last event I attended on April 1st was more than ten years
ago, and I got married at it. At the time people made a great many April
Fool's Day jokes. Maybe a 12th Night cake would be in order...

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com