SC - cooks symposium

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Wed Jan 19 11:24:56 PST 2000

hey all from Anne-Marie

well, I'm home!

Janelyn and I had a wonderful time at the Cooks Symposium. Many thanks to
Elaina for organizing it and for inviitng me to present. Janelyn and I were
chatting on the car ride to skiing afterwards about "next time", which is a
good sign :). Janelyn also said "I could have presented something...that
would have been fun" :) (she has several cookbooks on English medieval food
under her belt, as well as being the author of the CA on dance in period).

It was fun to meet Dr Milham. While I disagreed with some of her
conclusions about the possibility of reconstructing recipes, I very much
appreciated the opportunity to speak with a latin scholar about the
validity of several translations I've been working with, and it was very
fun to have her drop names like Connie Hieatt, Terry Scully, etc :).

It was also wonderful to meet Caroline Yeldham, who'd I'd been email
corresponding with for some years about 15h century re-enactment stuff.
what a delightful lady!

to put faces to names like Elaina, Terry Nutter, Elise Fleming, etc, was
great! we ate good food, and I got some wonderful new recipes to play wi
th,including some neat elizabethan ones that I had tried before and given
up on as being too difficult. I may be hooked on sugar paste (uh oh!) now. :)

again, many thanks to everyone who did so much to make the conference a
success. It was a fertile and fun environment for the exchange of ideas and
information. I had a great time (as did Mistress Janelyn), and we're
looking forward to the next one.

- --AM