SC - Paynfoundew

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Jan 20 00:10:25 PST 2000

Christianna said:
> 	Yes, you see, I was doing French Toast, not Mush dishes.  Although I
> have plenty of mush dishes to do, and could do a similar treatment.  But,
> as I was torn about the differing possibilities of the results, I put the
> Note in saying it could be done the other way.

I would be interested in hearing more about mush dishes or porridges.

I have recently added a new file to the Florilegium, porridges-msg but
it currently has very little in it. If anyone has a favorite porridge-
like redaction, I'd love to have more details. These apparently were
quite popular in many regions and times, especially among the lower
classes who didn't have access to ovens. Or who didn't want to pay for
the use of one.

I have heard of frumenty going over well at SCA feasts, but I've heard
of few serving any kind of porridge.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net