SC - Oogy gingerbread problem

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Jan 20 09:18:15 PST 2000

Lurking Girl wrote:

> James F. Johnson wrote:
> >
> > Being the bad and ill disciplined cook that I am, I didn't bother so
> > much with measuring. I heated the honey and added breadcrumbs until they
> > absorbed all the honey and I couldn't stir without risk of breaking the
> > spoon or my wrist.
> Ohhhhh.  Rain-BOW.  I guess I do need more breadcrumbs then.  The stuff
> I've always ended up with still had honey nature--definitely not all
> absorbed.

Might be worth noting here that Seumas thought his gingerbrede for the
feast was still too soft and I though it was just fine, so guess there
is a point at which it is a matter of taste. (Sit down, Puck- I'm only
talking gingerbrede!)

I like mine the consistency of cookie dough- malleable. I think he's
looking for a heavier fudge-like set.

Does anyone know if different varieties of honey have a different
viscosity? Or should I not poke at that particular hive?

'Lainie