SC - Oogy gingerbread problem

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri Jan 21 10:49:34 PST 2000

At 7:33 AM -0500 1/20/00, Lurking Girl wrote:
>Laura C. Minnick wrote:
>  >
>  > Lurking Girl wrote:
>  >
>  > > Tonight, I upped the voltage to 2 cups breadcrumbs.  STILL too oogy!
>  >
>  > First- what is the humidity level? Are your breadcrumbs really dry or
>  > still soft? They can be like sponges- they'll hold more damp than dry.
>
>They're soft.  It was reasonably fresh bread that I munged in my Christmas
>present (a Cuisinart--I'd never met a food processor before--it's so
>COOL!)  Should they be dry, then, instead?

You said the proportions from our Miscellany didn't work. We use the
kind of bread crumbs you buy in a box, which are completely dried
out, and get a stiff texture--a bit stickier than modeling clay, but
stiff enough that I have found my kids making little figures with it
before they eat it.

Elizabeth/Betty Cook

David Friedman
Professor of Law