SC - Re: Recognition

Aldyth at aol.com Aldyth at aol.com
Sat Jan 22 08:51:18 PST 2000

The neatest recognition I have ever received was my second event.  I wasn't
even a paid member yet.  The autocrat had a potluck revel at her home, and
there was a dessert competition.  She said, "Make something you think looks
Medieval."  I made a pie/cobbler thing that was 13 x 9 and layered with
different fillings.  Cherry, blackberry, poppy, apple.  I made two layers,
and alternated the fillings so when you cut it it was at least two different
colors.  I won the "best" dessert category, and got a Betty Crocker Cookbook
of desserts.  Still got that.  One day I will challenge someone the same way,
and pass it on.  (Though probably with something more period in the way of a
cookbook.)

Aldyth