SC - Rosee or Morree

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Jan 24 15:23:10 PST 2000

Christina Nevin wrote:

> Saluti,
>
> Has anyone made Rosee (almond milk/cream, dates, nuts, rice flour & rose
> petal dish) or Morree (almonds, rice flour, red wine & fried nuts dish),
> both Forme of Cury,  before? Could you please tell me what you thought of
> them, any problems, did you serve them hot or cold, etc. I want to use one
> or the other in the second course of the Crown feast. MTIA,

Several years ago- three?- when I did the private feast in my camp at An
Tir/West War, as an experiment, I planned to use the Rosee on chicken,
IIRC. Thankfully I decided that even if it was quite simple, I would try
it out first. So glad I did! The beautiful rose bush along the side of
the house produced coupious amounts of blooms- that were vile to taste!
They didn't smell especially 'rosey', and they tasted awful. These were
not tasteless hothouse roses, but an OLD dog-rose bush. I was very
disappointed, and served something else. Has anyone tried experimenting
with different breeds, and/or period roses?

the happily-very-tired-from-the-weekend

'Lainie