SC - Seven Centuries of English Cooking

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Jan 26 05:39:48 PST 2000

In a message dated 1/25/2000 3:43:07 PM Eastern Standard Time, Aldyth at aol.com
writes:

<< Is anyone familiar with this book?  >>

Yep.  It's one of the first period cookbooks I got, and you're correct in
your interpretation - she significantly alters both ingredients and cooking
techniques from the originals in nearly all her recipes.  She also does not
pay attention to period vs non-period ingredients.  In her version of Longe
Wortes de Pesoun, which she calls something like Green Pea and Onion Soup,
she uses green beans for the "wortes" rather than greens.
At least she gives the originals and sources for nearly all her recipes, so
it is possible to figure out where she's changed things around.  At this
point, I use it primarily for the originals.

Brangwayna Morgan