SC - Eternal soup pots

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Wed Jan 26 18:17:24 PST 2000

Well, since i tend to get up and go to the 'necessary' 2 or 3 times
during the night, I just threw on a log each time I passed the fire pit,
and it was kept fed during the day pretty much the same way, I didn't
tend to worry too much. Now if I were able to sleep through the night,
then I'd worry. I am thinking for next year to make the eternal kettle
vegan so the people that were by last year that were kosher/vegans would
have something they could eat.

I am also considering making muffin bread in canning jars [and canning
them] so we have breakfasty/entertainment goodies without much effort.
Any comment?

margali

I like the idea and would love to try it again. Has anyone else tried
this "eternal soup pot" idea? How did it work for you? How did you
make sure it stayed at a safe temperature, particularly at night? Did
you set some kind of duty roster where someone had to wake up and feed
the fire? Use only food items that wouldn't spoil? Take your chances?

- --
Lord Stefan li Rous