SC - Morree, menu and recipe request

Christina Nevin cnevin at caci.co.uk
Thu Jan 27 05:42:55 PST 2000

Apologies in advance if you receive this twice - our server died and
vanished some email...

Saluti everyone!

Thank you all for your opinions. From the looks of things, the logistics of
making Rosee for 80 are a bit much, so Morree it is.

Phillipa and I sat down last night and sorted the proposed (i.e. waiting on
the budgeting) menu, which now reads:

First Course:
Chicken Pottage - white or green Syrian Food
Cawdel of Eggs (eggs, saffron, cheese & verjuice soup)
Leek Tart (her specialty and apparently quiche-like)
Salat

Second Course:
Roast Lamb
Rich Pepper Sauce (grape juice and spices)
Green Sauce
Aquapatys (boiled garlic)
Morree (almond, rice flour, redwine and fried nuts pottage)
Compost

Third Course:
Game Pie (with real game!)
Peson of Almayne (peas & almond milk mush)
Armored Turnips

Course Four:
Pine nut tarts
Almond cakes
Jellies
Jam & mascapone tartlets (C.14 Italian, but I doubt anyone will complain)
Fruit
Cheese

If anyone has tips on any of the recipes, I'd appreciate them. I'm doing a
testing workshop this Saturday on several of the dishes. Only 3 of them
aren't from Forme of Cury or Two Anglo-Norman Cookbooks, so we're doing
quite well on the 'periodicity' of the menu.

BTW my new copy of Curye on Inglysch turned up and it's absolutely
brilliant! much better than I was expecting! (courtesy of Acanthus Books)

I want the game pies to be standing pies, so does anyone have a good suet or
lard pastry recipe? I believe there's one in Hannah Glasse, which I don't
own. MTIA,

Al Servizio Vostro, e del Sogno
Lucretzia

Lady Lucrezia-Isabella di Freccia   |  mka Tina Nevin
Thamesreach Shire, The Isles, Drachenwald | London, UK
thorngrove at geocities.com | http://www.geocities.com/~thorngrove
"There is no doubt that great leaders prefer hard drinkers to good
versifiers" - Aretino, 1536