SC - question regarding the Icelandic chicken

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon Jan 31 07:52:11 PST 2000

At 6:46 AM -0800 1/31/00, Maggie MacDonald wrote:
>I was thinking of playtesting the Icelandic chicken that was so
>thoroughly discussed a few months ago, and a question occured to me.
>
>Just WHICH sage would have been used in iceland?

I don't know, but it isn't very relevant, since the recipe isn't
really Icelandic. Indeed, I am not at all sure that all of the
ingredients would have been available in Iceland.

The recipe is called "Icelandic" because it appears in a recipe
collection in an Icelandic medical Miscellany. But according to
Rudolf Grewe, who researched the subject and published on it, that
collection is one of several suviving daughter manuscripts of a lost
origional which he believes to have been southern European.

My apologies if all of this has been gone over already; I wasn't
following the thread.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/