SC - OT: Did anyone save the posts about apple varieties?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Jan 1 20:16:18 PST 2000

Bernadette asked:
>  We
> are looking to start an orchard this coming growing season, and I
> didn't want to be stuck with the mealy "Red Delicious" or bland
> "Golden Delicious" that the local nursery has for sale.

I don't think I have the most recent discussions in this file, but
there is lots of other info on apples and period apple varieties:
fruit-apples-msg  (34K)  4/ 8/99    Period apples and apple recipes.

Some of the messages that list a number of different period varieties
of fruit are in this file:
fruits-msg       (158K) 12/20/99    Medieval fruits and fruit dishes. Recipes.

These are both in the FOOD section. For places to obtain these varieties
of fruit plantings or seeds check this file in the PLANTS, HERBS AND
SPICES section:
seeds-msg         (51K) 12/21/99    Sources for period plants and seeds.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net