SC - Brie Storage - a little OT

Glenda Robinson glendar at compassnet.com.au
Thu Jan 13 15:59:02 PST 2000

Maggie wrote:

>I've frozen brie for as long as a year in my deep-freeze (a 1 lb wheel for
>$6), with no readily apparent loss of quality. The only cheese I noticed a
>big difference with after freezing was a smoked gouda. It turned into
>something like crumbly pencil erasers (rubbery, yet brittle). It tasted
>great, it just had a really REALLY weird texture.

Thanks - I've tried slightly harder cheeses (mozarella, parmesan etc) with
no troubles - in fact the shredded mozarella we buy recommends you freeze it
after opening, to stop mould growth, but I wasn't sure if Brie acts
differently.
.

>If your friend doesn't finish it off? They're a complete saint.

I'll get the halo ready, just in case! I think it would be have to be Saint
Jocelyn the Brie Keeper!!

Glenda.