SC - Period French Toast Recipies

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Jan 15 19:12:28 PST 2000

lilinah at grin.net wrote:

> My neighborhood cafe makes both French Toast of challah and French
> Toast of croissants. I've made it with challah myself, but i've
> neither bought nor made it with croissants.

Here's where I display my hidebound, reactionary streak, as Bertie
Wooster might call it. A good croissant is beyond pearls, and well-made
French toast a thing of beauty. Why gild the lily? The unique thing
about a croissant is its texture, primarily, and dipping it in an eggy
batter might well spoil it, and probably not even make the best French
Toast, either. Never having eaten this, though, I'm prepared to admit my prejudice.

Now pan au chocolat, made from croissant dough, on the other hand, is
another matter entirely... ;  )

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy