SC - Fwd: Article from the globeandmail.com Web Centre

helen helen at directlink.net
Tue Jan 18 17:16:23 PST 2000

Hi All,
     Sorry if this offends anyone, but I got similar treatment at the 3 events
and several fighter practices I have been to in 2 different areas. That is why I
have not joined.  I was an unknown and most people did not even give me the time
of day.  A few nice people did talk to me, but enough ignored or corrected me,
that I came away the same over all feeling that she writes about.  I am VERY
outgoing and tried to join in several group discussions and was very politely
ignored.   I worked a feast before the wedding just for the experience and the
only people that spoke to me all day were the 2 ladies with me in the kitchen.
I  felt even more of an outsider at that event than the other two, but the
ladies I worked with make it worth the long drive to get there.

A true outsiders view,
Helen