SC - Okay, my life just got interesting...

Kerri Canepa kerric at pobox.alaska.net
Wed Jan 19 23:07:09 PST 2000

>Congratulations, Your ....(What title do you use in this situation?)!

I believe the title is "Your Highness."

>Do you have the tradition of the royalty making their "whims" known for the
>course of the reign?  Here in the East, these are published in the kingdom
>newsletter.  They are basically either a sort of theme for the reign or
>things to help people prepare for a royal visit.  Frequently they include
>items like "The Queen would prefer not to see fish on the table" or "His
>Majesty is a vegetarian".  If you do this, you could say something like "The
>Princess prefers to see period foods served at events"  or something similar.
>
>Brangwayna Morgan

In Oertha, there doesn't seem to be a tradition in Royal whims (except in
contests). I do agree that a whim can create an ongoing theme at its best but
can also be pretty darned inauthentic (the whims having something to do with
chocolate come to mind).

I have been cautioned by several who have been in this position before me to be
careful what I say and do, even in jest. There's a fine line between a casual
request and a royal expectation. Just the statement "the Princess prefers to see
period foods served at events" which to me says I'd like to see it now and again
could quite easily be interpreted as I want to have period foods served at every
feast.

If I were given to whims, it might be something like "the Princess wishes to
hear of the notable deeds and abilities of her people" which puts no obligation
on anyone but lets people know I'm interested to hear what's going on.

Learning diplomacy the Evelyn Woods way,

Kerri
Cedrin Etainnighean, OL