SC - Period French Toast Recipies

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Jan 21 20:19:29 PST 2000

In a message dated 1/21/00 6:26:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
oftraquair at hotmail.com writes:

<< is some horrible to most modern people
 concoction >>

This is inaccurate. I serve an innard at every feast and it is always eaten
and enjoyed. I find that most of the preconceived notions about what feasters
will or will not eat can be explained as notions originating in what the cook
will or will not eat. For instance, THL Thorstien always serves a liver pate
at his feasts. It is always devoured so not a crumb remains. I always use
blood to thicken my sauces when period recipes call for it and my feasts are
always well received. I have served (and will continue to serve) brains,
testicles, kidneys, stomachs, lungs and intestines. All were eaten and
enjoyed.

Ras