SC - Re: Olla podrida -- A 13th century Hispano-Arabic version?

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Tue Jan 25 21:30:05 PST 2000

And it came to pass on 25 Jan 00,, that david friedman wrote:
> Charles Perry also had the original Arabic, and was working from
> that, with the assistance of the Arabic to Spanish to English that
> you and several others did.

I started on a translation from the Spanish of the first recipe.  Then I
compared it to the translation in Cariodoc's cookbook collection, and
found that mine was in no way superior to what was already there.  So I
really don't see any point in continuing, as it will not add anything to our
understanding of these recipes.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann