SC - Eternal soup pots

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Thu Jan 27 15:45:44 PST 2000

What we are describing is the Eternal Soup Pot we are attempting to
establish in our camp at Pennsic. Those of us from the Cook's List who camp
with us all believe very strongly in hospitality, and knowing as we do, that
a lot of folks are too busy or too broke to eat right at Pennsic, we've been
trying to establish The Eternal Soup Pot in our camp, open to all comers. I
found it to be a Very Good Thing as I crawled out of my tent BC, and having
made the obligatory stagger to the Portacastle, to sop a piece of bread in
the broth for breakfast, until I could see well enough to consider coffee.
The pot itself is currently sitting on my porch- if we can get some people
to come up with a cauldron, I'll be happy to make us a tripod for it so we
can have it swinging over the fire, and use the grill for more grillish
sorts of things- toasted bread for breakfast comes to mind.

By the way, folks, I have set up another mailing List for those of us who
want to camp together, and I'll be subscribing all of us to it shortly, and
I'll be including fellow travellers such as Frederich and Anna, so we can
discuss what needs to be done/what we are doing for Pennsic this year.

I would like to reiterate that any cook from this List is welcome to join
us, as long as you pre-register with us, and we'd be particularly glad to
provide a welcome and a home to any of you arriving from outside of the
continental US. It's a good camp, on prime property, with plenty of shade,
excellent neighbors, and we're primarily Cooks.

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous