SC - Re: Grape must project

ChannonM@aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Sun Jul 2 12:53:46 PDT 2000

Ok, it may sound silly to you all, but I'm somewhat basking in the glow of
having finally made armored turnips and had them turn out as good as I
expected. (I didn't get much of the small pot of them I made: everyone
else at the dinner gathering scarfed them up.) Howsomever, I gots a few
questions:

Platina, as far as I recall, calls for 'spices'. I used fresh-grated
nutmeg, mace, and ground cloves. (Couldn't find the ground cinnamon or the
peppermill in the spice boxes.) What do you all suggest for the spices?

Furthermore, I want to start trying out mustards. Mustards are nice on
bread, but better on meat in my opinion... I was wondering about roasted
beef. I looked through my medieval cookbooks last fall looking for a
recipe for basic pre-1600 roast beef, but couldn't find one. Suggestions?

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
   "My hands are small I know, but they're not yours, they are my own"