SC - OOP - Ice Cream

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 4 21:22:44 PDT 2000

Cariadoc commented:
> On the question of the cheese covering up the effect ...  . I don't
> think using a whiter cheese would solve that problem. Everything
> would look white instead of everything looking yellow.

If this is in reply to my comment about yellow vs. whiter cheeses, I
didn't mean to cover it with one or the other. It was more a point
that I don't think there would have been the bright color differentiation
we see in some of our cheeses. I think they would all be white to pale
yellow. Thus if you did put the "yellow" cheese on the yellow pasta
and the "whiter" cheese on the white pasta, the differance might not
be very noticible.

> I did wonder if using a much more finely grated cheese (and perhaps
> less of it?) would do it, but I haven't tried that yet.

Finer might be better. But would they have done it that way? Would
their graters have been able to grate that finely?

As to the amount of cheese, is it possible that we are overusing
cheese? Perhaps our relative surplus of cheese is schewing things
so that we tend to use more than they would have?

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net