SC - pennsic menu- non-cooler, period recipes.

Jeff Heilveil heilveil at uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 6 19:44:33 PDT 2000

Sorry this is late.. real life called and forced me to answer...

So, there is one word I need, but on page 16:
Item: (To make a dish of) stockfish, one must "plewen" and soak it with
water or with wine and boil it.  It is good prepared (with) spices when
made.

Item Stockvisch mus man plewen und einweichen, mit wasser oder mit wein
gesoten sein.  sein gut mit wurtzen ab bereit und gemacht.

Gesoten from stoen, to boil.  Wurtzen is the plural of spice.

Also, here is a partial table of contents, if you will, for the first part
(fasting foods)
1) boiled fish
2) bolbroten ???
3) sausage from fish
4) cake of fish
5) 3 meals from one fish
6) an aspic of fish of salmon and other great Rhine fish
7) ??
8) fish that remains fresh a long time
9) another aspic of once made Krebbs (either crayfish or crab and I don't
know how to tell which they mean, my dictionary shows both as synonyms.
10) so make jellied Krebbs
That's about it for this time.  Sorry this is going so slowly.

Cu drag,
Bogdan

Jeffrey Heilveil M.S.		      Ld. Bogdan de la Brasov, C.W.
Department of Entomology	A Bear's paw and base vert on field argent
University of Illinois
heilveil at uiuc.edu
office: (217) 244-5115
home: (217) 355-5702
ICQ: 34699710

Once one dismisses the rest of all possible worlds, one finds that this is
the best of all possible worlds.
				 -Voltaire, _Candide_