SC - Re: late intro - was Manual de Mujeres #81-86

Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg rygbee at montana.com
Fri Jul 7 16:05:12 PDT 2000

Well, sorta.  I'm in An Tir, but not in the SCA.  Guess
maybe it's time for the intro thingy I was supposed to do
but didn't (partly because I'm "mundane" and wasn't sure
that was OK, plus I'm kinda shy).

I was in the SCA for a couple of years in Drachenwald while
I was studying at the University of Salamanca (Spain); this
was in the mid '80s.  Ximena la Letrada was 13th Century
Spanish and I still have an interest in medieval Spain,
particularly the Convivencia era.  When I got back to the
States I didn't seem to fit in with all the Celts and
Rennaisance English and kind of lost interest.  Hanging out
with you guys, though, I'm starting to consider taking it
up again.

I'm a librarian (a cataloger, to be exact), cat lover,
frustrated gardener (until I get out of this apt., anyway)
and not really much of a cook, but I'm learning.  I joined
the list as part of my quest for the Philosopher's Recipe
(you know, the one that creates a gourmet 3+ course meal in
15 minutes, using only ramen noodles, flour, Jell-o, tomato
sauce, and raisins).  Haven't found it yet, but I've
learned a bunch of other cool stuff.  Plus I get to
translate weird things and make people think I'm clever or
something.  What more could a person want?

Dana/Ximena