Fwd: Re: SC - Re: late intro - was Manual de Mujeres #81-86

ekoogler@chesapeake.net ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Sat Jul 8 14:37:42 PDT 2000

Bogdan wrote:

>We are told to use a spice mill. (pg
> 32) Do we have any extant medieval spice mills?  Paintings which show
> them?  A good written descriptions?  I want one...  but I'd like to have a
> documentable one, or one that is ACAP.

I can't help but wonder if the Turkish "coffee mills" that are advertised in
several catalogues could be period...and, as such, might have been used to
grind spices as well.  I know coffee isn't really period in Europe, but
something of this sort might have been used by those using the Baghdad Cookery
book, don't ya think????

Kiri

This email message was sent using web-based email services provided by Chesapeake.Net
Internet Services.
http://www.chesapeake.net/