SC - Getting over it. (Way...way off topic.)

KallipygosRed@aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Tue Jul 11 08:49:06 PDT 2000

In a message dated 7/10/00 7:31:27 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
LrdRas at aol.com writes:

<< Not really. They just seem less likely to hide their life in a closet and
 more openly discuss their lives in general than the average non-SCAdian
 person. >>

This I have to fully agree with. There has been much discussion in our Barony
in past that this might have to do with the high number of professionals and
"learned" people that play the game. Yes, we get people without college
degrees, but they are literate people, usually sucked into the research end
eventually, and so learned. But we also have a huge following in lawyers,
radiology techs, doctors, nurses, professional cooks, professional
seamstresses and others who lives tend to be hectic and customer service
driven. As one Scadian I know put it, "I get trauma every day in mundane
life, I want my play to be as open and relaxing as possible." The thought
process seems to be, why hide your life? Nothing new ever happens in this era
that didn't happen in previous eras in slightly different formats, so be
human. Be open-minded. Be direct.  And, of course, it opens up the avenue of
avoiding the blackmail, too.....

Lars
Who is of a pirate household. We keep "lists" of these types of things....