SC - Neat website

Philippa Alderton phlip at morganco.net
Wed Jul 12 08:26:05 PDT 2000

Looking at a scallop as a disc, the whole of the flesh is typically creamy looking,
but along one edge might be a slightly darker bit of meat that is the muscle where it
was once attatched to the shell. When cooked it can be fairly tough and not
particularly flavorful. On the better quality brands of scallops they are removed.

If you want a hint, ask for dry packed seafoods, as the wet pack have been soaked in a
solution to make them absorb water and increase in size [they shrink back down in the
cooking process, but the chemical doesnt really change the flavor much, just the
texture]
margali