[none]

Susan Laing gleep001 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 12 18:53:57 PDT 2000

In a message dated 7/12/00 8:35:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jenne at tulgey.browser.net writes:

<< Hm. I had them grind scented spices together to make a powder that they
 mixed with corn starch to make a scented powder to take home.  >>

I'm sure it was. What evidence do you have that cornstarch was even remotely
used in SCA period? Isn't such a substitute for whatever was actually used
not a little deceptive in presenting historical information to the public?
More on the level of the Renfaire circuit as opposed to serious historical
presentation?

Just wondering.................

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol
http://members.aol.com/AbhainnCG/